The last few days we have been very lucky in London with the temperature soaring - it may seem that F-I-N-A-L-L-Y, we have the first signs of some warmer weather. After an April month of cold rain drizzles, think it's about time the sun makes an appearance: Hello Sunshine! 👋☀️
With the blazing heat, and temperatures up to 26 degrees (apparently today being the hottest day in the UK to date for the year) , apart from ice creams to cool us down, think it's also time for the great British Pimm's cocktail. A refreshing summer cocktail perfect for any parties.
Here's how to make a Pimm's cocktail. Our recipe is as follows:
Ingredients: (per single serving)
- 1 Part Pimm's Summer Cup
- Mint Leaves
- Few slices of Peeled Cucumber
- 3 Parts of Lemonade
- Few segments Orange
- Few slices of Strawberries
- Cut a cucumber in half. Using a peeler, peel the cucumber into long lengthy stripes. (Alternatively, you may slice the cucumber into little rounds, depending on how you would like to decorate your cocktail glasses).
- Crush the mint in the cocktail glass.
- Add some ice.
- Add 1 part of Pimm's.
- Add the orange segments, strawberries and cucumber slices.
- Top the drink with 3 parts of Lemonade, give it a good stir. Add a straw of your choice. We find the straws from Tiger , yup that stripey gold straw in the pictures is pretty cool. 👌
Cheers! Enjoy and Sip happily. 🍹
Other Variations :
- For a non alcoholic cocktail, you may swap out the Pimm's with a cold brew iced tea.
- For a lovely ice cold dessert, the above recipe can be turned into alcohol / non alcohol pops. Simply freezing the above in ice lollipop trays to make frozen ice lollies. Strain the fruit if you'd prefer a smooth ice lolly. 😋
If like us, you are a fan of this British cocktail, we have created some pencils which we have foiled both sides; one side with the Pimm's cocktail ingredients, and the other side to make the cocktail. Recipe by your hand at all times. The pencils are available at Anthropologie or in our online store (by clicking the link below).